Información para vacaciones, datos, fotos y vídeos sobre Villanueva de la Vera
Villanueva de la Vera
Aeropuerto más cercano
La Vera, is a protected natural landscape, north of Extremadura which hosts many historical and picturesque villages, fields of oaks and grasslands and is crossed by many water streams. It also has beautiful sights of the mountains of Gredos where a vegetation of extraordinary frondosity for this latitude grows spontaneously, allowing to contemplate a great variety of plants and birds.
La Vera is a region that counts numerous opportunities to enjoy yourself, and have a good time with friends or family. The water here is omnipresent as it flows through the steep ravines and frequently forms splendid natural lagoons and steep canyons. It's an ideal place to start hiking, make some cultural or gastronomic tourism, go on adventure activities or bird watching tourism. Going for a walk, swimming in crystalline waters, making a barbecue or going on a road-trip through the charming little villages in the area are only some of the options during your stay in this region.
Additionally, the frequent clear nights of the area offer a wonderful star's show due to the reduced lightning pollution. It's therefore an ideal place for relax and rest while enjoying the nature, gastronomy and history of this millennium region, following the foosteeps of Charles V who inhabited the region for a long time leaving a stron legacy of its presence.
With respect to gastronomy, the area counts with inmureous dishes made mainly with meat and vegetables freshly grown in the area. Each village has its typical dish and you will find a great variety of meals across the different restaurants and markets of the region Pimenton de la Vera that is a very special red paprika is the star of the region with origin-denominated certification and exports worlwide.
Some Interesting places to visit in the area
Vídeo sobre España
Villanueva de la Verase sitúa en España. Consulta el vídeo sobre España producido por Vacaciones-Espana.es
- The Monastery of Yuste and Carlos V's Palace.
- 5 Villages declared national artistic-historic patrimony like Villanueva de la Vera, Valverde de la Vera, Jarandilla de la Vera, etc with well-conserved typical houses, churches, palaces, etc.
- The National Park of Monfragüe.
- The Monumental City of Plasencia.
- The Jerte Area with many beautiful villages and the wonderful blossoming of the cherry trees during the Spring.
- On the direction to Avila, you can find other interesting villages like Candeleda and Arenas the San Pedro at the doorstep of the impressive mountainous range of Gredos.
The nearest airport would be Madrid situated 1:40 mins away.There are also trains and buses that run from Madrid.
Mapa de Villanueva de la Vera